amavisd-new install start-up script in /etc/rc.d

Cheng-Lung Sung clsung at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 14 00:14:06 PST 2005

Hi,
    As mentioned in title. ports/security/amavisd-new installs
    amavisd.sh in /usr/rc.d/. I founded that ports/82423 made
    the change.

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/82423
    "Placing the startup script in to /etc/rc.d ensures that amavisd
    starts before sendmail starts." by Scot Hetzel

    Question is: when I mergemaster, it will raise a warning that
    suggest to remove amavisd.sh in /usr/rc.d/ (due to security issues)
    So how can I distinguish there is a security issue or just a
    start-up option?
--
Cheng-Lung Sung - clsung@