Integrated DEBUG related macros to WITH_DEBUG/WITHOUT_DEBUG

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 13 04:24:04 PST 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:01:58 +0300
Andrey Chernov <ache at FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> *DEBUG knob has different meaning from port to port and often not just -g
> adding, but turns on internal port debugging output/checks.
> It means that it should be turned on/off separately on per port basis.
> I.e. WITH_<portname>_DEBUG.
> WITH_<portname>_* style options also allows to add them all into
> /etc/make.conf without creating name conflicts between the ports.

	I don't think so.  There are 127ports supported DEBUG related
	knobs.  Only 127ports, and there are some ports which we
	request with DEBUG related knobs at the most.

	'WITH_DEBUG' is well known and global knob.  This is POLA
	important.  If you want to turn on/off per port, you can
	set following description in /etc/make.conf.  This is ungy,
	sure.  But it's casual.

.if ${.CURDIR} == "/usr/ports/foo/bar"
WITH_DEBUG=	yes
.endif