cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.database.mk

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Fri Nov 11 03:37:21 PST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:29:21 +0000 (UTC)
Vsevolod Stakhov <vsevolod at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> vsevolod    2005-11-11 10:29:21 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD ports repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     Mk                   bsd.database.mk
>   Log:
>   - Use lower in USE_BDB and USE_SQLITE to make tests
>   - Fix comment about BROKEN
>   - Fix wrong dependency on sqlite

Can we be _consistent_ in respect of the *_DATABASE* variables ? E.g.
either WITH_DATABASE_VER= nn or USE_DATABASE= nn as user settable
option; BROKEN_WITH_DATABASE (it should be a enumeration and work for
all databases); WANT_DATABASE_VERSION= nn; DEFAULT_DATABASE_VER= nn.

Why is the default BDB version 4.1 (and not 4.3) ?

Can we export for *all* databases DATABASE_VER ? At least of BDB this is
necessary since the include path differs depending of the version;
having this also simplifies handling what to install and what
not, ./configure option, etc. in ports.

I'm not criticizing your work and I'll do the patch if you want once
how it should be.

Thanks,

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

War isn't a good life, but it's life.
		-- Kirk, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8