linuxflashwrapper not work!

Rainer Alves freebsd at powered.net
Wed Nov 9 05:45:24 PST 2005

Ricardo A. Reis wrote:

> hi,
>
> I've the last linuxflashwrapper,linux-flash6,firefox,linux-base  in
> freebsd-5.4 release, but this not work.
> In severals others workstation this work fine.
>
> Thanks for help!
>
> Ricardo A. Reis
> UNIFESP
> Unix and Netowork Admin

Diz ae Ricardo,

- Make sure your /etc/libmap.conf is set up correctly, there's a full
example in
/usr/local/share/examples/linuxpluginwrapper/libmap.conf-FreeBSD5-stable,
copy the appropriate section from there.
- Confirm you have the required symbolic links in
/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins.
- Take a look at /usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper/pkg-message. Also,
run firefox from a terminal and watch its output.. is there a segfault
going on? What does "about:plugins" say in Firefox? Flash should be
listed there...

Anyway, those are some issues which might help you getting Flash up and
running...

--
Rainer Alves
BrasilTelecom