Excessive dependancies for OpenOffice 2.0 port

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 6 17:41:32 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:14:46AM +0900, NAKATA Maho wrote:
> In Message-ID: <200511051218.09945 at Misha> "Mikhail T." <mi at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
> > I'm surprised, you are not objecting to the port's building of its OWN
> > C and C++ compiler, as well as a bunch of "small" things like STLport,
> > db4, expat (yes, it depends on it, but builds its own too!), sablotron,
> > xmlsec, etc. etc.
>
> People from Debian and others work VERY VERY hard to maintain
..

Unfortunately Mikhail hijacked this thread about runtime dependencies.
If we can get back to the initial topic :-)
What functionality does 'devel/gnomevfs2' give us, and would it be better
to make it optional?

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)