java/jdk14, BUILD_DEPENDS, and portmanager -u

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 16:18:28 PST 2005

On Sunday 06 November 2005 16:04, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 03:33:37PM -0800, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> > Ian, there are two patches waiting for someone to commit for portmanager,
> > I'd like to see what you get after they are applied.
> > [...]
> > Let me know if anything changes.
>
> No change I'm afraid (I diffed the outputs of the patched and unpatched
> versions).
>
> Let me know if you'd like to check anything else.  Meanwhile I'll see
> whether I can come up with a fix for the port Makefile.

Looks like java is going to be a special case, thanks for bringing it to my
attention.   If you do come up with something for java's Makefile please
keep me informed, meanwhile tommorrow I plan to see if I can put some
sort of work around in portmanager's code.  Your detailed description
of the problem helps much, thanks for that.  Meanwhile, keep those patches I
sent you, portmanager really needs them :)

-Mike