ANNOUNCE: GNOME 2.12.1 has been merged into the ports tree

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 5 18:50:37 PST 2005

On Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:02AM, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 05 Nov 2005, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
> > Now that the freeze in preparation for FreeBSD 6.0 is over (an excellent
> > release to be sure), it is my great pleasure (on behalf of the FreeBSD
> > GNOME Team) to announce the general availability of GNOME 2.12 for
> > FreeBSD.
> >
> > The official release notes for GNOME 2.12 can be found at
> > http://www.gnome.org/start/2.12/notes/en/.  FreeBSD-specific
> > documentation can be found at http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/.  The
> > documentation has been updated, but it will be a little while before the
> > website rebuilds.
> >
> > Upgrading from GNOME 2.10 to 2.12 is tricky.  You should NOT use
> > portupgrade by itself to do this upgrade.  Instead, download the
> > gnome_upgrade script from
> > http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/gnome_upgrade212.sh.  This script is
> > a wrapper for portupgrade that contains additional logic to steer clear
> > of some potential pitfalls with the upgrade.  If you're used to
> > gnome_upgrade from previous releases, a lot has changed in this release.
> > You should run gnome_upgrade.sh (or gnome_upgrade212.sh) with the -h
> > flag to get the new usage.
>
> In the FAQ "GNOME 2.12 Upgrading FAQ" located at http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq212.html, step 3 (Run the script) does not mention the usage of the "-h" switch to gnome_upgrade.sh. Is that an omission, or now new information?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stacey

I think he's just saying that if you've used one of the Gnome upgrade
scripts in the past, using -h (help) will show you what is different
with the script this time around.  It's not required to run the script
itself.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant
intelligence.
		-- Henrik Tikkanen

Linux chameleon 2.6.13-15-default i686 GNU/Linux
  9:48pm  up 3 days  2:46,  4 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.18, 0.10