[Fwd: 4.x make describe FAILURE]

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Nov 5 04:36:02 PST 2005

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 02:30:25PM +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 02:53:01 -0800
> Colin Percival <cperciva at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > The latest GNOME changes seem to be causing problems, at least on
> > systems with a make(1) from FreeBSD 4.11:
> >
> > Portsnap buildbox writes:
> > > "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk", line 579: Need an operator
> > > make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> > > ===> comms/ghfaxviewer failed
> > > *** Error code 1
> > > 1 error
> > >
> > > [snip]
>
> At least this ports have the same problem:
>
>  /usr/ports/comms/ghfaxviewer
>  /usr/ports/devel/pharmacy
>  /usr/ports/devel/ruby-libglade
>  /usr/ports/japanese/balsa
>  /usr/ports/mail/glacier
>  /usr/ports/mail/pmail
>  /usr/ports/math/scigraphica
>  /usr/ports/print/p5-GnomePrint
>  /usr/ports/x11/ruby-gnome

Some of these (e.g. ruby-gnome, ruby-libglade) are already fixed (the
others aren't my fault :)...as you may have noticed, I've been
removing a lot of expired ports, but I'm nearly done with getting the
tree back into a consistent state from my changes.

I don't know about the effect of changes from other people, but I'm
sure it will be sorted out soon.

Kris