Anybody have time to create a new port?

Steve Friedrich freeBSD at InsightBB.com
Tue May 31 07:30:21 PDT 2005

I ran across a VERY interesting app while surfing the net.

mythTV is a Personal Video Recorder and much more.

If I had the experience of creating a port, a TV card, and a job (in this industry that won't hire me with 28 yrs experience, but clamors for H-1B visas), this is the app I'd like to port.

I've resisted TiVo and other such solutions because they all seem to depend on buying a service.  I don't want to get stuck like the DiVix buyers with stuff that is no longer supported and I don't want a
solution with a meter running.