mail/mulberry problem

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Sat May 28 09:49:02 PDT 2005

--On Saturday, May 28, 2005 09:51:55 AM +0200 Mathieu Arnold <mat at mat.cc>
wrote:

> +-le 25/05/2005 11:25 -0500, Paul Schmehl écrivait :
>| I'm setting up a new workstation with 5.4 RELEASE, and I installed
>| mail/mulberry yesterday.  (We have a license for it, and I love it.)
>|
>| The install completed without any errors, but when I try to start
>| mulberry, I get this:
>|
>| pauls at utd59514$ /usr/local/bin/mulberry
>| /usr/local/bin/mulberry: error while loading shared libraries:
>| libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>|
>| ldconfig shows that the library is registered:
>| pauls at utd59514$ ldconfig -r | grep libXext
>|         96:-lXext.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6
>|
>| How can I fix this?  I'll go into withdrawal if I can't use mulberry.
>| :-)
>
> You could put :
> [/usr/local/bin/mulberry]
> libXext.so.6  /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6
>
> in your /etc/libmap.conf (it won't exist, so, you'll have to create it)

Thanks.  That's good to know.  I've since formatted the box and started
over (for other reasons) and this time mulberry installed and ran just
fine.  Obviously I did something wrong last time.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member