Port /usr/ports/games/torcs don't find existing file

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 28 07:13:18 PDT 2005

Le Sam 28 mai 05 à 14:56:06 +0200, Andreas Davour <ante at Update.UU.SE>
 écrivait :
> >Could you please report the output of
> >
> >head -1 /usr/local/bin/automake14
> >
> >Does the reported perl exist?
>
> The output:
> bash-2.05b# head -1 /usr/local/bin/automake14
> #!/usr/local/bin/perl5.6.1
> bash-2.05b# pkg_info |grep perl
> perl-5.8.6_2        Practical Extraction and Report Language
> bash-2.05b#
>
> So, no it's missing. But, isn't using a specific version of perl not to
> be considered a bug? I'd at least consider it as bad form.
>
> Is there a better way of making it work, and minimizing breakage, than
> just editing the local /usr/local/bin/automake14 by hand to match the
> perl version installed?

Hmmm... automake & perl are tricky tools...

You have replaced your perl-5.6 by a perl-5.8; after such an upgrade you
are supposed to force an upgrade of all your perl-dependant ports (or
you might run a tool like PAU).

BTW, I have planned to upgrade freeglut, maybe next week.

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.