/usr/ports/distfiles maintenance

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Fri May 27 04:38:36 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 12:28:54PM +0100, Matt Mills wrote:
> Basically, my question is: is there some piece of software or automated
> way of keeping the directory clean of stale sources? I can imagine
> obvious problems with automating the process due to different versions
> of the same software in separate ports (eg. autoconf, automake, libtool,
> etc.)

I would say, that the output of
    grep MD5 */*/distinfo | awk '{ print $2 }' | sed -e 's/[()]//g'

would give a nice list of files which are current. Then diffing it
against the output of:
    find distfiles -type f | sed -e 's/distfiles.//'

and deleting the ones which show up as "in the distfiles directory".

Of course there might be something in the ports tree for this.
Oh, and it kind of sucks too that */*/distinfo gives an "argument
list too long" :-)

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org