FreeBSD Port: gftp-2.0.18

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 21 15:41:16 PDT 2005

fbsd_user wrote:
> How about adding to the description that gftp needs an  X-interface
> (desktop) before
> you will get what is shown at http://gftp.seul.org/screenshots.html
>
> IE: The GUI interface is not available from the command line.

fbsd_user -

We try to note in pkg-descr files when an app uses GNOME or GTK.
Anything that uses GTK or GNOME needs an X server, by definition. So,
any port description that includes "GTK" or "GNOME" implies that the
port needs to be run with an X interface, and will not be usable from
the commandline.

And, for the record, if you see any screenshot that includes graphics of
any sort, it will require an X server on FreeBSD.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org