FreeBSD Port linuxpluginwrapper-20050320

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Sat May 21 12:09:29 PDT 2005

I am using FreeBSD 5.4 and Adobe Acrobat version 7.  I noticed that pdf's
would open but do nothing inside of Firefox.  I found that the example
listed for /etc/libmap.conf was incorrect.  This is what's listed:

# Acrobat7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
[/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so]
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

This should instead be:

# Acrobat7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
[/usr/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so]
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

After correcting this and restarting firefox, acrobat worked correctly.

Rusty Nejdl
Ring of Saturn