FreeBSD Port: razor-agents-2.67

Andrew J Caines A.J.Caines at halplant.com
Thu May 19 09:14:16 GMT 2005

Rob,

>       logfile        => "razor-agent.log",
> which generates the file "/razor-agent.log" in
> the root directory. This is a very silly location
> for a log file, isn't it?

The location of the log file is realtive to the razorhome, by default. See
razor-agent.conf(5)

> Should a port patch provide such a change?

I think not, as it is a reasonable expectation that anyone using razor will
use the relevat switches for razor-admin, such as -create, -logfile, etc.
when setting up razor. It's well documented, including right at the top of
razor-agents(1):

USAGE
       First a razorhome directory should be created where log, conf, and
       cached server information will live.  This is done via "-create" option
       to razor-admin(1).  See man page for details.

-Andrew-