unable to run abiword-2.2.7

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 07:17:51 PDT 2005

I am trying to upgrade abiword on my 4.11-stable system
without much luck. The port builds, and I end up with

abiword-gnome-2.2.7

but when I try to start it, I get a dialog saying:

"""
The Application "AbiWord-2.2" has quit unexpectedly.

You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it.  Or you
can restart the application right now.
"""

I tried going through the bug reporting tool, but when I got to
the "select application" screen, abiword was not one of the
selections.

I am going to try building abiword plain (ie, without gnome) and
see if it runs.

Any hints?