FreeBSD Port: sugarcrm-2.5.1b

Patrick Thomasson patrick_thomasson at comcast.net
Sun May 15 20:46:17 PDT 2005

Hi Nick -

Thanks for helping make sugarcrm available on FreeBSD!   I'm working
on a dual PII, with 5.3, I've cvsup'ed the ports tree and compiled a
custom kernel with SMP.  Here's a few of things that may be of
interest to you (particularly #3):

First, the sugarcrm folder is installed into /usr/local/www and the
default document root for apache in httpd.conf is set to /usr/local/
www/data.  I worked around it first by moving the folder, then by
moving the folder back and updating the httpd.conf.

Second, when I point my browser to http://myserver/sugarcrm.  I see a
directory listing instead of a page.  It's not the end of the world
because I can click on the php files, but that brings me to the next
point...

Third, I think the sugarcrm-2.5.1b port depends also on php4-pcre.
It builds ok without it but when I tried configuring it via a browser
(clicking on the php files), I got errors about undefined functions
including preg_replace() and preg_match().  I made and installed php4-
pcre and then it works.

Finally, I'm new to FreeBSD (and returning to a unix environment
after ~5 year hiatus) so it's possible I'm doing something wrong.
I'm not looking for help but if I'm doing something blatantly wrong
or you are not the person to contact about this please let me know!

Thanks again!
Patrick