umask for prog_user su

Stephen Hurd shurd at sasktel.net
Sun May 15 16:57:06 PDT 2005

Is there any standard way for an rc.d file which runs as a specific user
to run with a specific umask?  Putting a umask into the rc.d file has no
effect, using umask as part of the command (obviously) breaks things.
If I wanted a umask of 002 during startup for example, what would be the
correct way to go about this?  Currently, the only solution I've found
is to write a VERY small wrapper script that just sets the umask then
execs the binary... it seems a bit silly to me.