Call for Testers: sysutils/ndistool

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Thu May 12 00:41:21 PDT 2005

Le Mercredi 11 mai 2005 à 20:37 -0500, Scot Hetzel a écrit :
> On 5/11/05, Florent Thoumie <flz at xbsd.org> wrote:
> >        I guess this could be nice for all people using ndis(4), so I
> >        hope the list will grow fast. This is far from perfect, critics
> >        welcome.
> >
> >        [1] http://www.xbsd.org/~flz/ports/ndistool-0.1.shar
> >
> Couple of changes:
>
> 1. The COMMENT in the ports Makefile says it's a BitTorrent Client
> (suspect copied one of the BitTorrent Makefiles).

	Yes, copied from net/ctorrent, usually I forget to change
	pkg-descr. Thanks.

> 2. A user may have a couple of different ndis using device installed.
> It would be nice if the installed if_ndis could be renamed when
> installed.

	I'm not much into kern stuff, but I think ndis/if_ndis is quite
	hardcoded in the driver so renaming if_ndis.ko to
	if_ndis_{id}.ko wouldn't help, since it'll only load once. I
	wondered how I could use ndis with two different drivers but
	haven't found an answer. I'm not sure too if I need to keep .sys
	and .inf file once the ndiscvt step is ok.

	I hope there's not much people with more than one ndis device,
	usually you'll use it with an embedded wlan chip (centrino
	laptops) or with an unsupported pci/pcmcia/cardbus card. I guess
	people wouldn't want to buy unsupported hardware twice. Btw
	that's a good point.

	I'm planning to add multiple locations, so that people can still
	download the driver even if the main server is down.

	Thanks for your answer Scot.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at xbsd.org