problems with options

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Fri May 6 09:47:16 PDT 2005

> On 2005-05-01, Chuck Robey scribbled these
> curious markings:
>> Any idea how I can arrange to capture a complete, recursive log
>> file, but not interfere with options?

> Have you thought of running the build under screen with 'log' active?
>  The OPTIONS part isn't too pretty (unless you run it through cat :),
> but you still get your complete build log.

Reading the man page for ports(7) shows a handy "config-recursive"
target that will show you the options screen for the port and all of
its  dependencies.  After that, you can do the normal "install" and
pipe it through tee.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]
fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca