Windowmaker crashes when kplayer is finished

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Thu Mar 31 22:36:41 PST 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 02:15:00AM +0200, Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> Any ideas about this:
>
> every time kplayer is finished displaying a movie clip, windowmaker crashed
> signal 11 and dumps core (it restarts after a second of windows flashing,
> so the problem is not critical), and kplayer ends up with no window
> decorations or menus (but can be quit with ctrl-q).

I have seen a similar crash with version 0.91.0 on amd64 when launching
Mozilla or Thunderbird. I believe it had something to do with invalid
window sizes.

I have not encountered the problem with kplayer, but have found
windowmaker-0.91.0 to break qt applications in general. See the details in
this PR: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/79086

It seems I am the only one to have this particular problem though...

> I know, I should get a backtrace of the windowmaker, but I just thought I
> might ask around first, perhaps it is well-known. I did apply the patch
> that arrived to CVS a couple of days ago but it didn't make a difference
> (it's mainly helpful for 64-bit platforms, I guess?).

Do you have a link for this patch ? Windowmaker cvs server seems to be
broken at this moment.

Sorry not to be of much help.

--
Francois Tigeot