devel/icu and devel/icu2 should CONFLICT?

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Tue Mar 22 09:35:08 PST 2005

--On tisdag, mars 22, 2005 17.20.45 +0000 "Bjoern A. Zeeb"
<bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I'm pretty certain that devel/icu and devel/icu2 should conflict. Their
>> plists are very similar. Any reason not to add CONFLICT to them?
>
> gtk-gnutella-0.95 should switch to icu (if not already happened) and
> icu2 should be deleted?

Is that the only package that depends on ICU-2.x? How (in)compatible are
ICU-2.x vs. 3.2?

Reason I'm poking into this is that java/jikes is severely broken when
using the -encoding option, and I was investigation the option of using ICU
instead. Jikes' configure script looks for both, but does not recognize
icu-3.2 (probably won't accept 2.x either, though).