Xorg 6.8.2?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Mar 13 17:40:22 PST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Remington wrote:

> When do we plan on having Xorg 6.8.2 released? I am desperately awaiting
> as it is suppose to fix a fatal error I am encountering with Xorg

It is currently under test on the ports building cluster.

In general we try to get updates to the X packages into the tree as
quickly as possible but no quicker.  The problem is that any breakage
in these key ports will hit hundreds of users almost immediately, and
thus we test these builds over and over again until we get them right.
The fact that there have been very few regressions (including when we
switched the default over to xorg itself!) is testimony to a handful of
dedicated individuals who work really, really, hard to make sure that
we get it right.

I know that that effort is completely invisible to our user community
but rest assured, it's there.

mcl