portmanager and perl threaded

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 03:15:48 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 19:20, Abu Khaled wrote:
> On 6/29/05, Michael C. Shultz <ringworm01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 June 2005 18:00, Abu Khaled wrote:
> > > I have a situation here where portmanager treats perl-threaded-5.8.7
> > > as an old port and tries to update it.
> > >
> > > -snip
> > > have:perl-threaded-5.8.7   status: OLD available:perl-5.8.7
> > > /lang/perl5.8 -snip
> > >
> > > Portmanager almost recompiled my entire ports tree and I was lucky to
> > > stop it before it uninstalled perl-threaded-5.8.7
> > > Portupgrade correctly reports that the port is up-to-date but I wanted
> > > to test portmanager and see how it differs from portupgrade.
> > > Can someone give me a workaround for this problem? What options do I
> > > need to add for portmanager configuration aside from IGNORE?
> >
> > Its covered in the man page. see the -ip option, or the conf file option.
> >
> > -Mike
>
> Thanks Mike, but I want to know if there is a way to make portmanager
> recognize the port as current. perl-threaded-5.8.7 is the same port as
> perl-5.8.7 built with option "WITH_THREADS=yes".

I'm not an expert on the perl port so may misunsterstand your question, if so
sorry.  If your asking what I think your are though, all you have to do is
make an entry like this:

lang/perl5|WITH_THREADS=yes|

in /usr/local/etc/portmanager/pm-020.conf then portmanager will always
build perl with that setting.

> It's just seems strange why portupgrade considers the port current
> while portmanager refers to it as old. As I sait it is the same port
> but with a suffix and a build option.

Is it possible you have the WITH_THREADS=yes set in portupgrade's
config file but not portmanager's?  Another option so you don't have to set
this in two files is to put it in /etc/make.conf then it will apply no matter
how the port is upgraded, the line would look like this:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/lang/perl5}
WITH_THREADS=yes
.endif

-Mike