port failure to build imake-6

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Mon Jul 25 09:19:12 GMT 2005

Julian Elischer wrote:

> making port imake-6 on my own version of FreeBSD 6.0
>

> schizo# cd work/xc/config/makedepend/
> schizo# make
> rm -f makedepend
> cc -o makedepend -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -fno-strict-aliasing -ansi
> -pedantic -Wno-system-headers -Dasm=__asm        -Wall -Wpointer-arith
> -Wundef      include.o main.o parse.o pr.o cppsetup.o ifparser.o
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib   -lgnumalloc  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/X11R6/lib
> -Wl,-rpath-link,../../exports/lib
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnumalloc
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/imake-6/work/xc/config/makedepend.
> #

The same happens if you do 'make build' from port directory, right?

> it compiled fine when I manually removed -lgnumalloc

From Makefile or just by copy-pasting that command line but without
-lgnumalloc?

> This MAY because in this company internal release uname -a returns
>
> schizo# uname -a
> FreeBSD schizo.dev.vicor-nb.com VICOR FreeBSD VICOR #0: Sat Jul 23
> 09:41:45
> UTC 2005     root at fbsd6.dev.vicor-nb.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> i386

Building on FreeBSD should show the line like this:

Building on FreeBSD 6.0 amd64 [ELF] (6.0.0).

somewhere in the middle of 'make configure' output. What does it show there?
Could you provide xc/config/makedepend/Makefile (after doing 'make configure')
or see if there is -lgnumalloc somewhere in there?

Dejan