Problems with postfix upgrade

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Jul 20 03:24:16 GMT 2005

Earlier I reported problems with upgrading postfix on FBSD 4.9 SECURITY.
As it turns out, the SPF option is what's causing the problems.  I
reinstalled libgnugetopt, uninstalled postfix and reinstalled it, selected
SPF (as well SASL2 and TLS) and started postfix.  The problem with the pipe
command and non-delivery of local mail returned.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled postfix, this time only selecting TLS
and SASL2, and restarted postfix.  The problem did not reoccur.  So there
appears to be something wrong with the SPF option in the port.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member