Global port configuration question

Jim Trigg jtrigg at spamcop.net
Mon Jul 18 18:39:09 GMT 2005

Is there a way to implement the equivalent of portupgrade's BEFOREBUILD,
BEFOREDEINSTALL, and AFTERINSTALL commands at a global level (i.e. on the
order of /etc/make.conf rather than something specific to either
portupgrade or portmanager)?  For two examples, I'd like to automatically
have perl-after-upgrade run when I upgrade perl, and to automatically have
postfix stopped before deinstall and restarted after install, whether I'm
doing an upgrade manually, through portupgrade (when I just want to
upgrade one or two ports rather than everything), or through portmanager.

Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-   /"\
Hostmaster, Huie Kin family website        \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN