FreeBSD Port: emulators/atari800 - Sound heavily distorted
Alexander N. Mueller
alex at 6by9.org
Sat Jul 16 13:05:18 GMT 2005
there are some problems regarding the atari800 port for which I
couldn't find any explanation/solution in the project's mailing
lists on sourceforge:
Sound doesn't work as expected, at least in the X11 version. After
installing the port, sound didn't work at all so I started fiddling around
with the "-dsprate" and "-snddelay" command line parameters. Although I
finally found a combination of values that seemed to work, sound output is
heavily distorted. It looks like a timing-related problem because moving
the mouse or dragging around windows seems to have a major influence.
After giving up on the X11 version of the port, I tried the SDL version.
Sadly, the SDL version is completely unusable because it's so slooooow.
First, I thought that the program had crashed, but then I noticed that
it was just unbelievably slow, even on an Athlon64 4000+ machine.
The affected version of atari800 is 1.3.6, although I`ve experienced the
same problems with 1.3.5 too. I'm using FreeBSD 5.4 Release (AMD64).
Alexander N. Mueller - alex<at>6by9<dot>org - http://www.6by9.org
PGP key ID | PGP key fingerprint
0xD7597014 | F305 B7EA B6D8 BD8D 40BB DD40 AB04 5502 D759 7014
More information about the freebsd-ports