devel/mob / builds but crashes

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 21:28:36 PST 2005

Hi!

The port
  devel/mob
builds but crashes at run time.

Somehow the current gcc optimizes better than an earlier version,
so that some inline-asm instructions get lost.

I found the following bug fix:
Instead of using the "goto out:" trick to ignore those special
instructions, I used "if (iiii==0) { NOP_BLOCK; RET_BLOCK;
JMP_BLOCK; }" where "iiii" is a global variable, that is
initialized to 1 and never changed (at opt level -O this trick
works fine; -O3 works bad).

Furthermore "mob" does not detect the Athlon XP 2400 data cache
(L1/L2) correctly (it says, there is no data cache, which is most
likely wrong).

Bye
Arne