Error portupgrading openssl

horio shoichi bugsgrief at bugsgrief.net
Thu Jan 27 17:59:18 PST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:05:01 -0700
Aaron Dalton <aaron at daltons.ca> wrote:
> Brian Reichert wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:01:53AM -0700, Aaron Dalton wrote:
> >
> >>When I try to portupgrade or simply make security/openssl I get the
> >>following error code:
> >>
> >>/bin/sh:Argument list too long
> >>

> > I've seen this when I have OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE set; are you doing that?
> >

> Nay.  No such environment variable set.  I have made no environment
> changes since my last upgrade of openssl.
>
> Aaron

I saw the same message. This seems a genuine problem since a command
around do-fetch has 64101 bytes long.

Maybe MLINK handling moved elsewhere to vacate arg space.

Meanwhile try something like:

	% env - USER="$USER" HOME="$HOME" PATH="$PATH" \
			ANYTHING_ELSE="$ANYTHING_ELSE" \
			make build

horio shoichi