java/jdk15 build failure on amd64

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Jan 24 11:19:12 PST 2005

Very strange.  The build proceeds along quite nicely (using
WITH_LINUX_BOOTSTRAP=yes, of course) for quite some time, then suddenly
aborts with:

execv(): Bad address
Error trying to exec /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/javac.
Check if file exists and permissions are set correctly.
gmake[3]: *** [.compile.classlist] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java/java'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make'
gmake: *** [j2se-build] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.

Just to check, I reinstalled linux_base-8.  I do have the Linux Sun JDK
1.4.2 installed, too, of course.

This is a repeatable behavior.  I've made several attempts to build the
port, and get the same result each time.

I would have included more context, by the way, but it looked like the
nearest sensible point to start from would have been about 700 lines(!)
back.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"