dsniff port broke? (dsniff-2.3, FreeBSD-5.3 RELEASE)

Wesley Shields wxs at csh.rit.edu
Fri Jan 21 10:42:25 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 07:23:37PM +0100, Oliver Leitner wrote:
> Thank you for the tip=)
>
> after doing a:
> pkg_delete libnet-devel-1.1.2.1
> portinstall net/libnet
> portinstall -f /net/libnids
>
> the compile finally worked... (and i hope i didnt break anything else with
> that...)
>
> for some weird reason, that i dont understand yet, i had the 1.1 installed...

Your welcome!  I have no idea why 1.1.x was installed but I'm glad it's
working for you now.  A few years ago I hacked dsniff to work with newer
versions of libnet.  It compiles and the sniffing works, but any of the
programs that require libnet (macof, arpspoof, etc) core dump.  I never
bother to use those programs so I didn't really care - I just wanted a
package that would at least build and allow me to sniff.  If I still
have the drive handy I might be able to tar it up and send it to you if
you find you absolutely must have libnet 1.1.x and dsniff running.

-- WXS