FreeBSD Port: dbmail-2.0.0_2

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:30:49 PST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:25:36 +1100, Edwin Groothuis <edwin at barnet.com.au> wrote:
> > And regarding startup scripts: I suspect, that they work properly
> > only with FreeBSD 5.x, because they use ". %%RC_SUBR%%".
> > The point is that I'm using FreeBSD 4, and these scripts do not work.
> > (I have to change '. %%RC_SUBR%%' to '. /usr/local/etc/rc.subr')
> > It's not a real problem for me, but I think it might be more correct
> > to make the scripts work in both - FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x.

Actually, the startup script wouldn't work on 5.x either as
%%RC_SUBR%% is supposed to be replaced during installation with one of
theses values:

4x and below    ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.subr
5x and up          /etc/rc.subr

Check the port to see if it is replacing %%RC_SUBR%%, also check on
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/ to see if the problem has
been fixed.

If the problem hasn't been fixed, try to fix the port and send a pr
with the patch.

Scot