azureus expects missing /usr/local/bin/java?

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 18 17:40:48 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 03:27:16PM -0300, Fernan Aguero wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just installed azureus and when trying to launch it for
> the first time, it produces this error:
>
> exec: /usr/local/bin/java: not found
>
> Should I expect to have java in that place? I have the
> java/jdk14 port installed and it does not install a java
> executable there, nor a symlink.
>
> I can of course create a link pointing to
> /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/bin/java but I was wondering if either
> net/azureus or java/jdk14 need to be fixed.

	/usr/local/bin/java is part of the ports/java/javavmwrapper
port. It seems you have a very old version. Could you please update
your javavmwrapper port and let me know if that fixes it?

$ portupgrade -f 'javavmwrapper*'

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature