Porting an application that requires another port to be patched..

Haulmark, Chris chris at sigd.net
Tue Jan 18 07:46:43 PST 2005

Someone broke the silence:

> Hello,
>
> I finally got the time to try to port Maia MailGuard.
>
> One of the requirement is to have amavisd-new patched.
>
> Only two options I can see..
>
> 1.  Communicate with the maintainer of amavisd-new to ask for
> an additional arguement like "WITH-MAILGUARD" and patch file will be
> in the files dir.
>
> 2.  Set up the Maia MailGuard to do the patching instead.

Allow me to add #3.

Quoted from David Morton off the Maia MailGuard users mailing list:

"The current state of things has a replacement for amavisd-new, called
amavisd-maia.  That means that the default amavisd-new can be left in
place, but inactive, while amavisd-maia runs on a slightly modified
amavisd.conf (but I assume an upgrade to amavisd-new package would not
actually modify the amavisd.conf, would it?)."

3.  Create a port named amavis-maia.