Bad $PATH for X11 ports

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Sun Jan 16 15:47:50 PST 2005

> I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. Are you proposing
> that the ports system look for programs outside of your $PATH? Why don't
> you just add /usr/X11R6/bin to your $PATH?

Yes this is what I have done.  But I wasn't sure about whether this
was a workaround or not : what I felt the most disturbing was that
the port framework didn't see the installed imake version and tried
to build another one.  But with your answer, I assume this is a must
to have /usr/X11R6/bin in $PATH, even for the root user.  I was a
little bit sceptical since I don't used to run X11 applications as root.

Thanks for your quick answer.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen