Courier-imap upgrade broke me going to 4.0

Clint Olsen clint at 0lsen.net
Sun Jan 16 10:25:55 PST 2005

I just knew I shouldn't have screwed around with this, but I just had to be
up to date, and now I got burned.

It looks as if the SSL variable for rc.conf changed to
courier_imap_imapd_ssl_enable.  Nice...

Does authdaemond need to be started?  I tried running it, but it complained
about a missing file - /usr/local/sbin/courierlogger.  I can't find any
documentation on why this is missing.

So, I have couriertcpd listening on ports 993 and 143, but I can't get
a client now to talk to the server.

Maybe it's just me, but I find this proram really irritating.  It was a
bitch to get 3.X up and running correctly, and now I'm finding myself
trying to sift through scant documentation getting 4.X moving.  Actually, I
need to correct myself.  There is a lot of documentation.  It's just that
none of it seems to help me get courier-imap up and running correctly.

-Clint