Digikam broken? Mutex lock failure

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sat Jan 15 08:42:43 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:01:50AM +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> Francois Tigeot wrote:
>

> >I rebuilt digikam today, still no change. The gui appears to run fine for
> >a moment and crash when I select the camera.
>
> Look at (or save) the build output of digikam. If you have anything saying
> "--as-needed" in there, you didn't cvsup or didn't cvsup the needed parts
> of the ports-tree (the change is in Mk/bsd.kde.mk).

I have just rebuilt digikam once more.

I have no trace of "--as-needed" in the build log file; my bsd.kde.mk is
version 1.48.

When I launch digikam, the main window appears normally. Howewer,
selecting an option in the menus result quite rapidly (2-3 seconds) in a
non-responsive window.

It isn't just the camera selection as I previously thought; most menu
items give the same result.

When I kill the application, this messages appear in the terminal window :

	Mutex destroy failure: Device busy
	ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 42052, errno = 2

The binary is linked to libpthread.so.1:

	$ ldd /usr/local/bin/digikam | grep pthrea
	libpthread.so.1 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1 (0x804202000)

I tried to remap libpthread to libthr with libmap.conf but the symptoms
didn't change.

--
Francois Tigeot