PHP ports/packages framework is seriously flawed

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at portaone.com
Fri Jan 14 06:48:43 PST 2005

Alex Dupre wrote:
> Maxim Sobolev wrote:
>
>> Thanks, though I figured it out already. The question boilds down to
>> the following: why there is www/mod_php4?
>

> Because many people don't want the CLI version of PHP.

Please read my original message. This non-CLI version is seriously
flawed and mostly useless, since almost any practical PHP project will
use one or another "standard" PHP extension, while www/mod_php compiles
with all extensions disabled and doesn't allow one to install any of
them separately.

-Maxim