HEADS UP: pkg-plist strict enforcement starting

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Fri Jan 14 05:55:12 PST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:30:50 +0100
Kirill Ponomarew <krion at voodoo.oberon.net> wrote:

> > In my case, after port's deinstall, there will always be files left
> > in${PREFIX}/portname/. Is this a reason for tagging the port
> > BROKEN/IGNORE?
>
> Leftovers are considered to be a reason for BROKEN tag.

I understand your point, it is very decent from an application to
clean-up after deinstall. But sometimes it is not appropriate to
complete delete all the dirs/files, especially when the files are, let's
say, system-wide configuration files. What if I upgrade the software? Do
I have to backup the configuration before upgrading, and then restore it
after the upgrade completed? I'm too lazy for that, I'd like a smooth
and easy upgrade :)
In my case, it is very common for the port to change/modify/delete files
at runtime, even configuration files are changed while the product is
running. If this is the reason for marking the port BROKEN I'm in big
trouble :|

--
Adrian Pircalabu

Public KeyID = 0xF902393A