FreeBSD Port: mysql323-server-3.23.58_2

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Jan 10 04:27:24 PST 2005

Alex Dupre wrote:

> Rainer Duffner wrote:
>
>> According to portaudit, the mysql323-server contains several
>> vulnerabilities.
>>
>> Is there going to be a patch for the 4.11-release ?
>

> I'm going to update the mysql 3.23 port in near future. If needed I
> can do it asap for inclusion in 4.11 release, but nowadays everyone
> should use mysql 4.0 or 4.1.

I usually do this, but in this special case it was not possible - it was
a migration from a very old (SuSE) system and I did not have the time to
do a proper database-migration, just data-migration.

Also, the 3.23-port lacks (I think) the patches to disable libwrap and
thus crashes with remote-connections.

Thanks for your efforts.

cheers,
Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer at ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~