Removing net/arla (was: FreeBSD ports scheduled for removal)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 9 16:46:36 PST 2005

On Saturday,  8 January 2005 at 21:41:44 -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD users,
>
> The following ports are scheduled for removal over the next few
> months, if they are still unbuildable at the scheduled removal time
> and no PRs have been submitted to fix them.
> net/arla                ports at FreeBSD.org               2005-02-18

There is in fact a PR against this port, but it's already out of date.
I've sort of unofficially taken over arla, but I don't have time to
look at it "at least for two weeks" (i.e. the foreseeable future).  If
other people want to do something here, don't feel inhibited, but it
would be a good idea to talk about it.  ISTR it was the recent changes
in the bio interface that were the main issue.

On Sunday,  9 January 2005 at  1:24:19 -0500, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:41:44 -0800, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> said:
>
>> net/arla                ports at FreeBSD.org               2005-02-18
>
> A newer version of Arla compiles and works (some to-be-released
> patches required for AMD64), at least if you use Heimdal from ports.
> (My environment is rather special so the work I've done is not
> directly applicable to the port and fails package tests.)

If you send me what you have, I'll test it here and commit it.

On Sunday,  9 January 2005 at 22:40:55 +0100, Rasmus Kaj wrote:

>  GW> <<On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:41:44 -0800, Kris Kennaway
>  GW> <kris at obsecurity.org> said:
>
>>> net/arla                ports at FreeBSD.org               2005-02-18
>
>  GW> A newer version of Arla compiles and works (some to-be-released
>  GW> patches required for AMD64), at least if you use Heimdal from ports.
>  GW> (My environment is rather special so the work I've done is not
>  GW> directly applicable to the port and fails package tests.)
>
> I'm willing to submit a new version of the Arla port, but I would very
> much like to see ports/74113, heimdal upgrade from 0.6.1 to 0.6.3, be
> commited first.

nectar?

Greg