mpeg4ip requires IPv6?

Michael C. Shultz ringworm at inbox.lv
Thu Jan 6 12:42:35 PST 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 11:48 am, you wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:38:59AM -0800, Scott I. Remick wrote:
> > Ah, the useful information starts pouring in!
> >
> > On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:51:49 -0800, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> > > Just a suggestion here, two ways you can go about this
> > > so here is the hard way first:
> > >
> > > Rename /usr/src/lib/compat to /usr/src/lib/compat-HOLD or
> > > something like that, then what ever programs are linked against
> > > them will fail and these need to be rebuilt.
> >
> > I'd be willing to do this... but... is it possible to cheat a
> > little and determine proactively what ports are linked against
> > them? See the output in the other post I made earlier today (the
> > huge one).
>
> ldd will tell you what libraries a program or dynamic library is
> linked against.  It's a fairly simple matter to write a script that
> runs it on all programs and dynamic libraries and looks for one or
> more libraries. pkg_which can then be used to generate a list of
> ports.  I write a one-off a while back, but I can't see to find it.
> A general tool would be quite handly if someone wanted to hack it
> together.
>
> -- Brooks

does pkg_which get its information from pkgdb.db? If so I would be
hesitant to trust which port version actually installed each library
because I think pkgdb -F modifies pkgdb.db to say they were installed
by currently installed ports and looses the information about which
version really installed them.

-Mike