Port gpgme-1.0.1 sometimes broken

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Wed Jan 5 08:44:04 PST 2005

On Wednesday, 5. January 2005 15:18, msch at snafu.de wrote:
> Hii Michael,
>
> > On Wednesday, 5. January 2005 10:33, msch at snafu.de wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > I get the following errors during the compilation of gpgme-1.0.1 in the
> > > context of a KDE-upgrade:
> > >
> > > **************************************************
> > >
> > > t-thread1.o(.text+0x857): In function `main':
> > > : undefined reference to `pthread_create'
> > >
> > > t-thread1.o(.text+0x87a): In function `main':
> > > : undefined reference to `pthread_create'
> > >
> > > t-thread1.o(.text+0x88b): In function `main':
> > > : undefined reference to `pthread_join'
> > >
> > > t-thread1.o(.text+0x89c): In function `main':
> > > : undefined reference to `pthread_join'
> >
> > Try experimenting with the PTH option on the machines that give you
> > trouble.
>
> As you already noticed on a gpgme-mailinglist that doesn't make
> any difference because the tests are compiled with threading enabled
> regardeless what options are used for configure...

But the option should make a difference regarding what libraries are available
to be linked against.

> I have no idea, why it works on my machine @home and why it's broken on the
> machines @work. All are 5-STABLE of 2005!

I need a complete buildlog from one of the machines where stuff is failing
then, plus the output of ls /var/db/pkg and config.log.

> PS: Full(er) quote because of change of Subject & Mailing-List

Perhaps we can take the mailing lists out of the loop for the moment - I
haven't received any other complaints about gpgme yet and you should have
mailed me directly in the first place. :)

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org