games/linux-enemyterritory crashes 5-STABLE

Nuno Teixeira nunotex at freeshell.org
Mon Jan 3 23:53:54 GMT 2005

Hello Kris,

I found the solution for my crash problem!

Since 5-STABLE has agp device included on kernel, nvidia-driver must be
compiled with WITH_FREEBSD_AGP to avoid problems with nvidia native agp.
This is was my setup for a long time.

Today I recompiled 5-STABLE kernel without agp device and recompile
nvidia-driver without any options (nvidia native agp per default) and
the game worked at 100%!

I will do more testings with nvidia-driver because in my first setup
(crash/freeze) I compiled with WITH_ACPI and WITH_FREEBSD_AGP. So, one
or other option may be the problem.

Thanks,

	Nuno Teixeira