FreeBSD Port: gdesklets-0.33.1_1

thurners at t-online.de thurners at t-online.de
Sat Feb 26 20:36:31 GMT 2005

Hi!

I´ve a problem with gdesklets on FreeBSD-4.11-stable.

Installed are gnome 2.8.3, gdesklets-0.33.1 and
gdesklets-goodweather-0.4.

The problem is related to session management. I start the goodweather
display (this works fine) and then I log out. When I log in again the
splash screen is shown and then hangs at the gdesklets symbol. The
goodweather display does not start. I have to restart it manually
through the application menu.

<log .xsession-errors>
SESSION_MANAGER=local/bluemoon.fu41.vpn:/tmp/.ICE-unix/43773
Invalid command. Please try one of the following commands!
Usage: gdesklets [option] <command> [arguments...]

        <command>
                open    <files>   (Opens the given display files)
                start             (Runs the gDesklets daemon, this is
default)
                stop              (Stops the gDesklets daemon)
                list              (Lists open displays)
                restart           (Restarts the gDesklets daemon)
                profile <profile> (Switches to the given profile)
                profile           (Shows the current and the available
profiles)                shell             (Opens the graphical shell)
                slay              (Kills the daemon -- use in emergency)
                status            (Checks daemon status)
                about             (Prints information about gDesklets)
                version           (Prints gDesklets version)
                help              (Displays this text)

        [option]
                --translucent (enables translucency on the xorg servers)
</log>

best regards
-Nicole

ps: the pkg-message is not correct for starting up a display