Building port with options

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Fri Feb 25 09:33:28 PST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 02:11:19PM -0300, Alejandro Pulver wrote:
[snip]

> Thank You.
>
> That helped me a lot.
>
> How can I define a variable in gmake from the port's
> Makefile (gmake(1) says with environment variables and '-e')?

In general, you may modify the MAKE_ENV variable - there are lots of
examples in the ports tree; just do a
  find /usr/ports -type f -name 'Makefile*' | xargs fgrep MAKE_ENV

> If a port uses TCL/TK, how can I define it (I have TCL/TK 8.4/8.0 but it
> outputs the following):
>
> checking tcl8.0.h usability... no
> checking tcl8.0.h presence... no
> checking for tcl8.0.h... no
> checking tk8.0.h usability... no
> checking tk8.0.h presence... no
> checking for tk8.0.h... no
>
> Is there a port that uses TCL/TK and has the same issue (but solved)?

Take a look at e.g. the databases/postgresql-tcltk port; it uses Tcl/Tk
and even supports different versions.

In general, such a check in the configure script most probably fails
because either the compiler does not know where to find the header files
(which you can help by adding CPPFLAGS to the CONFIGURE_ENV), or the linker
does not know where to find the libraries (which you can help by adding
LDFLAGS to the CONFIGURE_ENV).  However, for the particular case of Tcl/Tk,
there are lots of ports you can shamelessly steal code from :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not have been paradoxical.