Thunderbird no longer viewing http URLs

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Wed Feb 23 08:34:31 GMT 2005

El Miércoles, 23 de Febrero de 2005 09:16, Doug Barton escribió:
> Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> > You need repocopy
> > files/patch-uriloader_exthandler_unix_nsGNOMERegistry.cpp from
> > mozilla and rebuild. (You may need also this for firefox, it's a
> > -core fix).
> >
> > After that, thunderbird must use gnome settings to open external
> > uris.
> >
> > I don't remenber the thunderbird case but, at last for firefox,
> > this makes 'registration as default browser' init dialog works
>
> I appreciate the response, but I don't use gnome, and don't want to
> have to add gnome bits that I don't need. I'm already a little
> cheesed off that I can't seem to opt out of gconf being "necessary."
>
> Doug

Rigth now, the mozilla project uses gnome as a reference.  Also here in
FreeBSD.

This doesn't add any special new depend to mozilla/firefox.  It allready
builds over gtk20.

Also, at last for firefox, The apps have built-in the resources needed
to change the gnome-registry.  This is what is done in the
'registration as default browser'.

The only aditional port you may need is sysutils/gconf-editor.  This may
easy edit uri entries is you don't like the defaults.  You may launch
gconf-editor from a xterm and edit desktop/gnome/url-handlers as you
like.

Also, you may use mozilla, which have a built-in mail app and external
handlers disabled by default.

--
  josemi