FreeBSD Port: ruby18-1.8.2_2

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Feb 22 01:35:31 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:47:51 -0600, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:33:19 +1000, Mark Sergeant
> <msergeant at snsonline.net> wrote:
>

>> On 22/02/2005, at 18:11, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:11:48 -0600, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net>
>>> wrote:

<snip>
>>> Oops, wrong person, it's lofi.. My plan of tonight or tomorrow is to
>>> still use this new patch then reinstall it. Also, rebuild/reinstall
>>> all apps that depend on ruby. After that I am going to test on few
>>> ruby ports that need threads (ruby-opengl, ruby-gtk2, ruby-gnome2 and
>>> etc) to see if they still will working or not. I am hoping that lofi
>>> will have time to test it on FreeBSD 4.x.
>>>
>>> New patch: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/ruby18.diff
>>>
>>> Be sure to 'rm -rf /usr/ports/lang/ruby18/*' and update your ports
>>> tree before you use this patch. The difference between ruby-1.8.2_2 to
>>> new patch is that disable thread again, teach ruby about ${PTHREAD_*},
>>> and use patches from Gentoo/Debian.
>>>
>>> If this new patch doesn't work, then I guess one of us will have to
>>> mark ruby-opengl and few other that require threads as broke for on
>>> sparc64 and other ${ARCH} and disable thread support in ruby. It's a
>>> lot better than re-create a voodoo '_r'.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mezz
>>>

>> Works like a charm on AMD64, thanks heaps !
>
> wow, you are quick! There is a very small problem with this new patch
> thought.. It doesn't add ${PTHREAD_*} even thought I told it to do.
> Anyone is welcome to poke around it.. I am going to sleep and will
> trying to poke it more to see if I can do anything with it.

I can't sleep, so I think I might have fixed it to get ${PTHREAD_*} add. I
haven't test it in the runtime yet, but I will in the morning. It's
updated in the same place.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/ruby18.diff

To save your time to not apply patch again.. All I did is..

Change from:
======================================
LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} ${PTHREAD_LIBS}"
======================================