ports/74637 (new port: news/klibido) -- Will this ever be committed?

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Thu Feb 17 18:07:34 PST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:33:39 -0600 (CST)
Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
>
> > Come on, folks!  There's no good reason why this port shouldn't have
> > been committed by now.
>
> You mean other than a shortage of volunteers with respect to the number
> of incoming PRs per day (about 40 for all parts of FreeBSD) and an
> existing backlog of 187 other new-port PRs? :-/

Promote a few maintainers to commiters ;-)

Not that I don't agree with what yo say :-|

> I appreciate your frustration, but this post doesn't really help any
> of us volunteers feel like the work we do is sufficiently appreciated.
> Since no one (AFAIK) gets paid to work on ports, this is really all we
> have to go on to keep us motivated (other than that "good warm feeling
> of a job well done".)

Hmm, I was just thinking if users really care what happen to the ports
they're using, I've recently asked for a 5 minutes test and got the big,
incredible number of 2 responses. And I know at least around 500 people
use that port.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"